if you want to learn more about my pregnancy with kingston then read on, folks!
1. Was your pregnancy planned?
no. my life motto was, "I will never have kids. thanks, but no thanks" - this has since changed :)
2. Were you married at the time?
no, I had been in a relationship with duane for 6 months (yikes).
3. What were your first reactions?
well, I cried. he was speechless. we didn't know what to do, so we went to walmart and bought "what to expect when you're expecting," and I told him I would be choosing the name because it's only fair ;)
4. Was abortion an option for you?
for a minute it crossed my mind. a very, very SHORT minute.
5. How old were you?
20 when I found out, 21 when I had the little peach.
6. How did you find out you were pregnant?
I was a week late, took a test & it was negative. took another test 2 days later & it was positive. went to planned parenthood juuuust to be sure. and sure enough, preggo! :)
7. Who did you tell first?
8. Did you want to find out the sex?
oh my god yes!
9. Due date?
february 2, 2010.
10. Did you have morning sickness?
yes indeed, up until the verrrryy end. puking and feeling nauseous became a very normal, everyday thing for me :/
11. What did you crave?
when I was super sick alllll I could eat was plain bean & cheese microwavable burritos. ridiculous. I also craved WATER. I've never drank so much water in my LIFE. I was dead thirsty night & day.
12. What irritated you?
duane, haha. and work.
13. What was your first child's sex?
baby boy :)
14. Did you wish you had the opposite sex of what you were getting?
nope, I didn't care either way. I'm actually really glad we had a boy first. boys are just awesome. I can't wait for him to be "the big brother" someday!
15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
about 25 lbs.
16. Did you have a baby shower?
yes, I had 2. and they were both fabulous!
17. Was it a surprise or did you know?
I knew about them both.
18. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
he came 2 weeks early. I had a feeling he'd be an early bird & mommy was right! I woke up at around 10:45pm 1/18/10 because I thought my water broke or that I was peeing myself, but when I turned on the lights it was blood. soooo, we drove across the street (literally - very convenient) & I gave birth 1/19/10 at 5:09pm :)
19. Where did you give birth?
the hospital right across the street ;)
20. How many hours were you in labor?
18 hours, but I only pushed for about 20-25 minutes.
21. Who drove you to the hospital?
22. Who watched you give birth?
duane and my mom
23. Was it natural or c-section?
24. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
ohhh definitely. I have nothing against epidurals or mamas who choose them!
25. How much did your child weigh?
6 lbs 8 oz and 19 1/2 inches long - little peanut!
28. When was your child born?
january 19, 2010. exactly 2 weeks early.
30. What did you name him/her?
kingston lee allen <3
* the pictures are off my facebook and can I just say that facebook has crazy terrible quality? yuuuuck. sorry for the fuzzy photos, guys!