Sunday, June 19, 2011

17 months old


oh man. kingston is 17 months old today, and I can't believe it. he's getting SO BIG and so stinkin' smart. he learns something new everyday, whether it be a new word or a new dance move. it's not all cute, fun and hilarious times though. his 2 year (we think) molars are coming in EARLY so, naturally, he's turned into a complete monster. his monster side likes to come out when his gums are really hurting, when he's told no, or when he can't have something he wants (so basically all the time, haha). we've really been trying to work on helping him with his frustration when he's told no or when he doesn't get what he wants because recently he's turned to hitting and biting. it's pretty freaking ridiculous, and I'm not a fan of it. I've tried a few different methods, and it's getting a little better but eh, I guess that's just one of the joys of raising a toddler. amIright? I sure hope so.

when he isn't being a crazy kiddo, he's the sweetest and funniest little guy I've ever seen. he has a new shoulder dance that he likes to whip out when he's eating, in his carseat, or just walking around the apartment singing to himself. he also has a few new walking "techniques" such as hunching over and walking fast with his hands either behind his back or straight out in front of him. when he really, really wants something he points, sticks his tongue out and pants like a dog. he's completely obsessed with our bed! seriously every few minutes he'll walk into our bedroom and if nobody follows him, he'll come peeking out the door and yell "bed! bed!" to us so that we can throw him on the bed and play with him. he likes to wear my flip flops, crouch down and smell people's feet (bahaha), play with my makeup and makeup brushes, and help me clean by using his vacuum popper and our duster. this is such a fun age and with every new word he learns I get SO EXCITED about him being able to speak in full sentences. he already makes us laugh like crazy so I know it's only going to get better, and I seriously can't wait.

he's kind of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...