Thursday, May 26, 2011

yep, this is a venting post

what a horrible freaking morning at work today. I've vented to quite a few people about this but it's still bothering me.

one of our newer massage therapists, her name is sara, agreed to come in on thursday mornings to deep clean our work place for a little extra money. she's a single mama of a 1 year old boy and also cleans rooms at a hotel for a side job. is that an excuse to (attempt to) steal from a co-worker? HELL NO.

and that co-worker she attempted to steal from is ME (and who knows who else?!). before getting into the drama, let me just say that sara has only been at massage envy for about 2 months and has a very awkward and shy personality. I can get along with almost anyone so I have been nothing but nice to sara. I've asked her about her 1 year old son, her crappy baby daddy, her jobs and how she basically relies on food stamps to eat. she even invited kingston and I to her little guy's 1st birthday a few weeks back (we didn't go and I'm sure glad we didn't).

this morning I got to work at 7:30 and sara was already there cleaning. I left my purse on one of the chairs up front like I normally do while I did my opening procedures. I walked in the back and closed all the massage room doors, but I didn't see sara. as I was coming through one of the doors to go up front, I noticed sara quickly going through the door on the other side as she headed the opposite direction. I thought that was weird because she usually would have stopped to say hello. I didn't think too much of it and grabbed my yogurt out of my purse and noticed I forgot to grab a spoon from the break room when I was in the back. so I walked to the back and noticed sara in the storage room getting supplies so I said good morning. when I came back up front I opened the door and saw her hovering over the chair that my purse was sitting on. she quickly shuffled out of the way. ... UGH. really, sara? I walked over and noticed my wallet sitting on top of my purse, open. great! our conversation went a little something like this...

*keep in mind sara is a very awkward mid-20 year old who obviously does not like confrontation*

me: what are you doing?
sara: nothing, I was just... looking for something.
me: why is my wallet sitting on top of my purse and why is it open?
sara: I don't know...
me: I'm not stupid. why did you open my wallet?
sara: *VERY awkwardly* I was just looking at it and it popped open.
me: (thinking to myself, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?) did you take anything?
sara: no.
me: (disappointed, sad, confused, furious, pissed, still in shock) well... I'm really sorry you did that.
sara: *runs in back*

you guys. I have never had this happen to me before (my sister doesn't count) and I was seriously shaking. she looked so sad and pathetic that even though I was pissed beyond belief, I stayed calm and tried not to flip out on her stupid ass. it just really sucks that after being SO nice to this girl, this is how I get treated in return. I immediately had a killer headache, and I was shaking while I had to make phone calls and answer incoming calls and deal with clients. I text my boss sonya (if you've read a few of my entries you'll know that sonya is like a second mom to me) and told her "HUGE PROBLEM" and quickly explained the story via text because sara had awkwardly come back up front to start cleaning in sonya's office. when she came back up front I had been counting the money in my wallet and making sure nothing was stolen. nothing was missing, thank goodness.

I'm sure you all can guess the outcome of sara's complete stupidity. she got fired. sonya didn't let her finish the day of massages that she had scheduled. oh and, can I just say that karma started early for her? her first client showed up but her next 2 did not, they totally no-showed her ass. GOOD. she had 2 more scheduled after that but sonya sent her packing. I really hope she learns from this and teaches her little kiddo RIGHT FROM WRONG.

thanks for listening and letting me vent (even more), friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...